Job Title: Physical Performance Coach & Business Development
Role Purpose: The Physical Performance Coach & Business Development will be a dual role, with an equal split between delivery of physical performance services on the PFA Residential Rehabilitation Programme and supporting the business development of new services and programmes. In addition, there will also be delivery of physical performance services for education experience days and external clients.
Place of Work: You will be based at St. George’s Park, Sir Alf Ramsey Way, Newborough Road, Needwood Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD or at agreed location for delivery of Physical Performance services.
Salary: Based on experience up to £26,000 per annum
Reporting to: Head Physiotherapist
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Lead Physical Performance Coach with the delivery of physical performance services for the PFA residential rehabilitation programme.
- Conduct physical profiling for all players on the PFA residential rehabilitation program. Feedback the information to the multidisciplinary team, the player, the player’s club and use the information to design and implement off-field conditioning, pitch-based conditioning and strength and conditioning programs.
- Design and deliver off-field and pitch-based conditioning sessions relevant to the players stage of rehabilitation.
- Design and deliver strength and conditioning sessions relevant to the players stage of rehabilitation.
- Deliver hydrotherapy sessions.
- Physical exertion monitoring using GPS and heart rate technologies.
- Establish excellent long-term working relationships with Medical and Sport Science departments who refer into the scheme to optimise player care for current and future referrals.
- Provide reports on all players who access the PFA rehabilitation programme in line with GCP policy.
- Support delivery of education experiences at SGP.
- Support delivery of additional GCP projects/services/programmes when requested.
- Promotion and delivery of additional services at SGP and other GCP locations. Services to include profiling, rehabilitation, remote programming, conditioning, coaching and return to play assessments.
- Support design and implementation of new services and programmes via SGP, additional GCP locations and GCP digital platform(s).
- Arrange all pre & post information required for players attending programmes and services.
- Management of sales pipeline of activities and opportunities. To be presented monthly to GCP management team.
- Build excellent relationships with individuals, athletes, teams and associations to ensure services are delivered to an exceptional standard.
- Efficient and responsive communication via email & phone with all requests.
- Updating of all GCP records regarding all activity.
- Lead on GCP social media activity across all SGP services and wider GCP programmes including corporate, education and individual services.
- Liaise with GCP videographer and marketing team to create content and support all sales & marketing activities with content creation
- Support to wider GCP projects when requested.
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or related discipline.
- At least 2 years employed coaching experience delivering physical performance programmes in a gym and field environment.
- UKSCA Accreditation (or ability to achieve within 6 months).
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team in a time sensitive environment.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Word and Excel to produce daily and weekly physical performance reports.
- Must possess exceptional organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial & operational experience
- Postgraduate degree in Sports Science or related discipline.
- ISAK Level 1 Accredited.
- Social media and digital marketing experience
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Peter Talbot
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021
Interview date(s): w/c 26th July 2021
Interview location: St. George’s Park
Start date: Ideally w/c 2nd August or ASAP
Please note that if you haven’t heard from us after one week from the closing date, your application will have been unsuccessful.