Location – St. George’s Park, Burton upon Trent, DE13 9PD. Game Changer Performance Head Office, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8GX and home working.
We are currently looking to recruit a progressive performance-oriented physiotherapist to lead our team based at St George’s Park. The role is unique in that it will require the management and delivery of high-performance support services but within a commercially scaling business. Service delivery will predominantly be provided to the Professional Football Player’s association but will also include other elite sporting organisations and governing bodies. As our senior practitioner, central to the role will be the management of the MDT performance team in the delivery of the PFA residential rehabilitation scheme and triage services. As P3RFORM delivers high-performance support in-person, regionally and digitally, there is a requirement for the post holder to appreciate how PFA members and players can be supported across the different platforms. The post holder will also be challenged to progress our service delivery where appropriate, internally this will focus on the development of P3RFORM’s practises to be innovative and gold standard while also developing team members to progress and excel as practitioners and individuals. Externally, there will be a requirement to collaborate with key stakeholders to create standardised return to play assessments plus the undertaking of research to provide insights that contribute to sports performance and rehabilitation.
Annual Salary: Up to £50 k plus bonus scheme
Annual CPD Budget: TBC
Reporting to: Head of Product and Performance
Role purpose: Delivery, management and commercialisation of physiotherapy and conditioning support services provided by the P3RFORM MDT at St. George’s Park.
- Delivery of physiotherapy support services, primarily to the PFA across the residential rehabilitation scheme and triage service.
- Delivery of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation as set out by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Core Standards of Physiotherapy Practice
- Leadership and Management of P3RFORM’s MDT based at St. George’s Park.
- Close liaison with Sports Medicine departments who refer into the scheme to optimise player medical care, welfare and performance.
- Work collaboratively across the business, supporting other departments and practitioners in the achievement of their objectives.
- Provide remote support to PFA members via P3RFORM’s digital platform.
- Refer players into the P3RFORM regional network where appropriate.
- Complete comprehensive and confidential medical records using the P3RFORM’s medical online notes system:
- Actively participate in P3RFORM social media activity
- To contribute to the continuous professional development of all sports science and medical staff.
- Excellent clinical skills relating to the assessment and rehabilitation of injuries.
- A background in the measurement of objective force expression measures and their application to guide rehabilitation and return to play programming.
- Experienced in the leadership and management of successful MDT performance teams,
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to accurately manage medical data.
- An entrepreneurial approach that enables the achievement of commercial targets within a high-performance environment.
- To display high levels of initiative and creativity towards their own clinical practice, service development and the growth of P3RFORM as a company.
- Chartered Physiotherapist with CSP and HCPC registration
- Masters in Physiotherapy / Sport & Exercise Medicine or equivalent
- Experience of leading a team / department within elite / professional sport
- At least 10 years post-graduate experience.
- Dynamic innovative approach to their work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- FA accredited first aid trauma qualification.
- Evidence of continuous professional development CPD portfolio
- Experience of working within professional football
- Strength and Conditioning / Sport Science qualification or accreditation.
- Acupuncture qualification with AACP membership.
- Post grad qualification in manual therapy.
- Commercial/Private Practice experience
- Commercial, marketing & social media acumen
ENHANCED CRC CHECK REQUIRED: Yes
REGISTERED TO WORK IN THE UK: Yes
FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE: Yes
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Interview dates: w/c 25th March 2024
Ideal Start Date: Early June 2024