Bank Physiotherapist/Sports Rehabilitator/Sports Therapist
Location: St. George’s Park, Sir Alf Ramsey Way, Newborough Road, Needwood Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD.
An exciting opportunity has become available at to join our team at GCP. We are currently looking to recruit a bank of Performance Clinicians to provide support in delivering the PFA residential rehabilitation programme at St George’s Park (SGP). Alongside this role there will also be external opportunities on other national contracts that GCP runs.
Duties will include helping to manage the day to day running of the medical department. This will include the completion of in-depth medical assessments alongside assisting lead clinicians in the development and delivery of individualised sports specific rehabilitation programmes. Canidates will also need to be competent in the application of a variety of manual therapies where required.
Successful candidates will need to display high levels passion with regards to the role and their profession whilst proving that they are reliable, hard-working and dedicated. Excellent communication skills are paramount to work successfully with professional athletes and build strong working relationships within the MDT. Those that are creative and confident in the delivery of their work are more likely to be successful.
Whilst previous involvement in professional football is preferential; all candidates with an experience of working in a sporting environment will be considered.
- • Delivery of clinical support services for the PFA scheme.
- • Reporting to and discussing all elements of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation with the lead clinicians on the PFA scheme.
- • Liaise with Physiotherapists, Physical Performance coaches, Sport Scientist/S&C and other members of the performance department with regards to evidence informed risk reduction strategies, performance enhancement strategies and return to train / play decisions.
- • Liaison, where required, with Sports Medicine departments who refer into the scheme to optimise player medical care, welfare and performance.
- • Provide reports on all patients who access the PFA scheme in line with GCP policy.
- • Complete comprehensive and confidential medical records using the club’s medical online notes system.
- • BSc Physiotherapy/Sports Rehabilitation/Sports Therapy
- • Member of the HCPC/BASRaT/SST
- • At least 2 years post-graduate experience
- • Experience of working in professional sport
- • Full UK Driving License
- • Registered to work in the UK
- • Enhanced CRC check
- • MSc in sports medicine or related discipline
- • Experience working within a football club environment
- • Evidence of relevant post graduate professional development
- • Strength and Conditioning qualification
- • Monday – Thursday 8:00/8:30 – 16:00/16:30
How to apply:
- • Please send CV and covering letter for the attention of Peter Talbot to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is Friday 6th August 2021