Job Title: Casual Physical Performance Coach
Due to nationwide expansion and a growing network of clients we are looking for a handful of dynamic, knowledgeable and committed Casual Physical Performance Coaches to join our growing team. Our clients include National Governing Bodies, Universities, Schools (State & Independent), Corporate Clients, Sports Clubs and Individuals. Working for Game Changer Performance (GCP) will provide you with great coaching experience, a platform to engage with a broad range of clients and a wider opportunity to work alongside some of the best sports performance professionals in the UK. We are an ambitious sports performance company with lots of great opportunities for the right individuals.
Salary: £15 per hour on a Half (3 hours) or Full Day (6 hours) basis.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Physical Performance Experience Manager the successful candidates will primarily support the delivery of our education experience days for academic intuitions and physical performance testing for teams and individuals.
The right individual(s) may gain the opportunity to deliver physical performance services for the PFA residential rehabilitation programme. Alongside this work at St. George’s Park there will also be external opportunities on national contracts that GCP runs. Ideally, each candidate will have experience working in a team environment with high performance teams and will become committed and passionate members of the team at GCP.
Place of Work: St. George’s Park, Sir Alf Ramsey Way, Newborough Road, Needwood Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD and/or at agreed location for delivery of physical performance services.
- Work alongside Education Experience Manager to co-ordinate and deliver education experience days for academic institutions. o Demonstrate and discuss a variety of physical performance services to visiting groups including profiling, rehabilitation, conditioning, player monitoring and hydrotherapy.
- Provide informative, interactive and entertaining sessions to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Communication of scientific principles and methods dependent on cohort age, knowledge and background to understand the ‘WHY’ behind what we do.
Performance Profiling and Testing:
- Support physical performance testing for elite and non-elite athletes and teams.
Residential Rehab Scheme:
- Possibility of delivery of physical performance services for the PFA residential rehabilitation program. o Conduct physical profiling for players on the PFA residential rehabilitation program. Feedback collected information to the multi-disciplinary team, the player’s club and use the information to design and implement off-field conditioning, pitch-based conditioning and strength and conditioning programs.
- Deliver off-field and pitch-based conditioning sessions relevant to the players stage of rehabilitation.
- Deliver strength and conditioning sessions relevant to the players stage of rehabilitation.
- Provide reports on players who access the PFA rehabilitation program in line with GCP policy.
- To deliver GCP performance sessions at locations and facilities on national contracts.
- To deliver age-appropriate strength and conditioning sessions for GCP that incorporate injury reduction strategies and improve co-ordination, mobility, strength, speed, agility and power.
- To partake in a continuous personal development programme so to enhance the skills of the individual and colleague coaches.
- To promote adherence to ethical guidelines and regulations regarding drugs and doping in sport, in line with UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) guidelines
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or related discipline.
- At least 1-year postgraduate experience, preferably in elite sport.
- Experience designing and implementing off-field and pitch-based conditioning sessions, and strength and conditioning programs.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team in a time sensitive environment.
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to deliver to a wide range of ages and competencies.
- Excellent organisational skills to plan and manage the physical performance services to ensure efficient running of the program.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel to produce physical performance reports around physical profiles, conditioning sessions, physical exertion monitoring and strength and conditioning programs.
- Located within an appropriate drive time from St. George’s Park National Football Centre.
- Postgraduate degree in Sports Science or related discipline.
- UKSCA Accredited or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- UKAD Accredited Advisor.
- Experience with STATSPORTS GPS.
- Experience using profiling equipment but not limited to; Isokinetic Dynamometry (IKD), ForceDecks, NordBord, GroinBar, Witty Timing Gates.
ENHANCED DBS CHECK REQUIRED: Yes
REGISTERED TO WORK IN THE UK: Yes
FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE: Yes
How to apply:
Please send CV’s FAO: Mitch Raynsford, GCP Physical Performance Coach & Experience Manager to email@example.com
Closing date: 15th May 2022, interviews may be scheduled as applications are submitted prior to closing date